I love a good soup! Being vegan, soups are generally an easy way to get a lot of nutrients in and max out on flavour. This Roasted Red Pepper soup is a delicious and easy recipe to add to your book.
Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Soup Recipe
- 4 large red peppers sliced into long pieces
- 1 can of whole tomatoes
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic peeled and minced
- 1 box of vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp. of avocado or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 Bay leaves
- Place cut up red peppers on a baking dish and set your oven to roast. Roast these pepper for 15-20 minutes at 375* or until slightly blackened. Set aside.
- In a big soup pot, add your oil and set stove top to medium heat.
- Add garlic and sweet onion to pot and allow to cook.
- Add vegetable broth and bay leaves, let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add can of whole tomatoes.
- Add Roasted Red peppers, salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow this mixture to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take Bay leaves out and blend the mixture until smooth with an immersion blender.
- Taste and enjoy!