This is the perfect recipe to get loads of healthy protein, complex carbohydrates and veggies into your diet. You can really hide any vegetable you want in this delicious stuffed pepper.. and thats a trick every Mother knows all too well.
Vegan Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
- 5-10 green bell peppers
- organic quinoa
- 1/2 cup organic hemp hearts
- (veggies of your choice, I used the following)
- 2 carrots
- 2 beets
- 2 sweet onions
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 2 handfuls kale
- organic tomato sauce
- organic olive oil
- cook 2 cups of quinoa and set aside.
- chop the tops off of all bell peppers and hollow out the middles, place on baking sheet lined with olive oil to prevent peppers sticking to the sheet after cooking.
- finely chop all your vegetables and fry them together in a pan of olive oil till soft.
- mix vegetables, hemp hearts, quinoa and tomato sauce together.
- pour mixture into bell peppers sitting on a baking sheet.
- place in oven for 40 minutes at 350*
Hope you enjoyed this simple but nutrition packed recipe for stuffed bell peppers. Perfect for the vegans and vegetarians in your life. Print this recipe and save it in your recipe book.
* Pin the image below to save this recipe for later *