I’ve had to switch up my diet since having my second baby. After discovering at 6 weeks old that my Son has a cow protein , soy and egg allergy, I had to remove these from my diet. Since then, I’ve been adjusting recipes to fit my strict guidelines but have had some real success with some! Banana muffins are something I can’t get enough of and when they’re baked with healthy ingredients it just makes them that much better!
With this recipe I was able to switch to almond flour, swap refined sugar for maple syrup, substitute flax for eggs, and use homemade apple sauce and coconut oil in place or butter/shortening. This recipe makes for a much healthier alternative and one that everyone can enjoy!
* Dry Ingredients *
• 3.5 cups almond flour
• 4 tsp. baking powder
• 1/4 tsp. Baking soda
• 3/4 tsp. Salt
• 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
* Wet ingredients *
• 1/8 cup homemade apple sauce
• 1/8 cup liquified coconut oil
• 3 very ripe bananas
• 2 tbsp. Ground flax seed mixed with 6 tbsp. Water (let this mixture set for at least 5 minutes before using. This is your replacement for eggs)
• 1/2 cup maple syrup
1. Soft dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl together
2. With a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream together wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl using
3. Use your mixer to combine dry and wet ingredients. Add dry ingredients to wet bit by bit until completely smooth.
4. Place batter into greased (coconut oil does the trick) muffin tins (alternatively you could use silicone muffin liners which is what I do)
5. Bake muffins at 325 degrees for 45 minutes
6. Let muffins sit until cooled, this recipe needs time to set after baking as it has a softer consistency. Enjoy!