Body care is just as important as taking care of the skin on your face. Your skin is a literal pathway to everything inside of your body, so what you use to clean it matters. It should come as no surprise that I stick to natural products when it comes to my body but I rarely create a ritual out of it.. until lately . Jump in the shower, wash, jump out.. that used to be my everyday routine. I have since extended the extra TLC that I use on my face to the rest of my body as an extra form of self care with amazing results. My new routine consists of dry brushing (though I’m not exactly the most consistent with this), the Beldi soap ritual (which I will explain in a moment) and I have been consistent with applying either a body butter, body oil or wax after towelling off. I used to hate adding these extra steps as they “ate up time” in my day and its something I don’t have an abundance of since I made a tiny human.. but quite honestly, it has been transformational for my skin and for my mind.
* This post includes some affiliate links. This means that any product purchased from my links will generate a small commission (At no extra cost to you). As always, I will only recommend brands that have passed my seal of approval and that I truly love.. these commissions help to cover Bloom + Clementine’s fees so that this website can stay alive and I can continue sharing my green beauty passion with you all. Thank you for supporting my little green space on the internet. *
What is Moroccan Beldi Soap?
Beldi soap is a gel like soap that consists primarily of saponified olive oil and is mixed with various essential oils for scent. It can come in a variety of colours depending on its contents but the soap I use is olive green in hue. Beldi Soap can be used as your everyday body wash or as a body mask (dreamy right?). As its name suggests, Moroccan Beldi Soap comes from Morocco where it is a common way of washing the skin.
How to use Beldi Soap
Beldi Soap is a true ritual in itself.. It is meant to sit on the skin for 3-10 minutes to receive its full benefits but can be used ‘quickly’ as a regular cleansing soap as well (though I highly recommend indulging). I apply the soap to dry skin before stepping into the shower and allow the soap to sit on my skin anywhere from 3-10 minutes while standing in a steamy shower to let my skin hydrate and “drink up”. Once you are ready to wash the Beldi soap off you can take your wash cloth or a traditional kessa mit (a cloth like mit designed to help exfoliate the skin while removing the soap and deeply cleansing the skin) and rub in small circles till the soap is removed or absorbed fully.
Benefits of Beldi Soap
- Rich in Vitamin E Beldi soap is made of saponified olive oil and olives which are naturally high in Vitamin E. Vitamin E works to naturally block free radicals from entering the skin, prevent and reduce signs of aging in the skin, and contains a high level of antioxidants.
- Does not strip your skin of its Natural Oils or disrupt your skin’s Microbiome Many cleansing methods leave our skin completely striped of its natural oils and disrupts your skins microbiome. Similarly to the oil cleansing method you can use on your face, this method of cleansing leaves natural skin oils intact, doesn’t disrupt your micro biome as a regular cleanser would, and locks in moisture/boosts hydration levels of the skin.
- Prepares the skin for Gentle Exfoliation Instead of using a harsh scrub on your skin, the beldi soap will help prep your skin for gentle exfoliation when its removed by a wash cloth or kessa mit. Exfoliation helps remove dead skin cells and promote natural skin turnover to reveal healthier and brighter skin. Quicker cell turnover results in slowing down the aging process of the skin.
- Contains Natural ingredients and No Harsh Fragrance Our skin will absorb everything we put on it within seconds. That includes toxic ingredients and harsh fragrances that will disrupt its outer layer as well as absorb internally where hormones and organs may be affected. Beldi soap is comprised mainly of saponified olive oil, olives and essential oils which leave a soft scent on the skin.
- Maintains healthy PH Balance in the skin Our skin can be affected by how acidic or alkaline it becomes, aka PH Balance. Beldi soaps will maintain healthy levels of PH in the skin which help keep your skin in tip top shape and thwarts off sensitivities like acne, dry patches, dermatitis or eczema.
Review of Kahina Beauty’s Beldi Soap
This has been my first time using Beldi Soap and I am incredibly impressed by its ability to keep my dry winter skin from losing its moisture and turning into flakes. It has created a ritual during shower time and has given me a sense of self care that I crave in my day to day life. I have been using Kahina Giving Beauty’s Moroccan Beldi Soap in the Rose scent and it leaves the most beautiful soft notes of roses on my skin after showering. Kahina also carries a Neroli Beldi soap for those who love a good sweet citrus scent as well as a Eucalyptus Beldi Soap which is perfect for cold and flu season (my Naturopath always suggested eucalyptus in a hot steam shower to open sinuses and help combat colds so this soap will come with extra benefits).
Beldi soap is suitable for all skin types and has been especially helpful for my incredibly sensitive, dry and acne prone skin as of late. It will be a great option for summer months when skin can become dried out from sun exposure so it comes with benefits year round.
Want to try adding this ritual to your skincare routine?
You can check out Kahina’s Beldi Soap HERE (U.S.) or HERE (Canada).
photo credit (above): the detox market
[…] For more details, You can read my full reviews of Agent Nateur HERE, Innersense HERE, Kahina Giving Beauty HERE. […]