Looking for an alternative to coffee? Many people are in this predicament, generally out of preference or because their doctor told them to cut back. Some are just looking to cut down on this infamously addictive drink. Coffee certainly has it’s health benefits but due to the potency of this drink, some people can experience unwanted side effects. Coffee has been noted for it’s ability to reduce risk of diabetes and fight free radicals. However, it is also a culprit for osteoporosis, accelerated aging, weight gain due to blood sugar fluctuations during consumption, and has been known to carry many pesticides as the coffee bean is one of the heaviest sprayed crops. If anything it is very important to purchase organic coffee to avoid the overuse of pesticides at the farming level.
So what do coffee lovers drink when they need a little break from the java? My vote is for Dandy blend and I’ll tell you why. Years ago I had fallen into a deep coffee trance where I couldn’t get through my day unless I drank countless cups. I knew I was a candidate for a replacement as I admittedly drank more coffee than I should have. Believe me, I have nothing against coffee. In fact, it’s gotten me through some of the most stressful moments. I just had that little issue called moderation. This lead to shakiness, mid-day crashes, sleep disturbances, and anxiety.
After trying countless coffee substitutes I had basically given up on finding anything that would come close to that distinct taste and richness. I wanted to find something that would still give me the ritual of a hot drink in my day. I do love tea and I drink it daily, but there is something about a hot cup of coffee that I didn’t want to give up. Eventually I stumbled upon the miracle that is Dandy Blend! I was so in love with this new drink that I don’t even recall how I discovered it.. I suppose I was just THAT excited,when my memory gives it up I’ll let you all know. The best part about this alternative is it’s FULL with amazing ingredients boding some seriously impressive health benefits, win-win! It’s also beneficial for those who are gluten intolerant or have celiac disease as it’s completely gluten free!
Dandy blend has an impressive list of benefits and some unique qualities. Here are some of those perks:
- It is easy and fast to make! It dissolves into water and requires no grinding or special preparation. This makes it especially easy in an office setting or for busy mama’s where all you have to do is boil water and pour!
- Tip: I add a teaspoon of Cacao (full of it’s own list of incredible health benefits) and a bit of almond milk. This sweetens and adds more flavour if you need it. Although, I find Dandy blend to have a slight natural sweetness to it and I’m even able to drink it black.
- Caffeine free! It’s an herbal drink and similarly to herbal teas does not contain caffeine which means you can drink at anytime of the day or night without stimulation or those pesky coffee crashes in the middle of the day.
- Gluten free! The roasting and grinding process extracts the gluten proteins from this product and is safe to drink for anyone who struggles with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
- Over 50 trace minerals in every cup! Your body will use these minerals to help boost metabolism.
- No headaches or withdrawal symptoms occur when switching from coffee to dandy blend. Dandy Blend reports that many of those who switch over report that they feel they are simply drinking a different brand of coffee!
- Dandy blend costs as little at 7 cents per cup! That’s MUCH cheaper than a cup of coffee these days.
- Last but not least, I personally think it’s delicious! I am also a happy camper when I can find something so nutrient dense to put in my body!
What got me really excited about this drink is the quality and quantity of dandelion root. This is the main ingredient of the drink as it’s name clearly shows and it comes with many health benefits. Here are 9 different health benefits found from ingestion of dandelion root:
- Digestion: Dandelion root is a mild laxative and also balances the good bacteria found in your intestines. It also helps your stomach and liver release stomach acid and bile which keeps your digestion moving properly.
- Kidney support: Dandelion is a diuretic which assists the kidneys in flushing out waste, salt and excess water. This can be especially helpful for women who have trouble with bloating during PMS. Instead of leaving you dehydrated from water loss, dandelion will replenish your potassium stores which is an important electrolyte.
- Liver support: As mentioned above, Dandelion root helps the liver release bile which is an important function of this organ. This promotes removal of toxins and replenishment of electrolytes.
- Antioxidants: It is known that coffee can help remove free radicals but it is also known that dandelion root does this better! Dandelion root is packed full of antioxidants which slows the aging process (while coffee actually accelerates aging).
- Cancer fighting: Dandelion has been shown to fight cancer cells and this claim has been backed up with A LOT of research. Every part of this plant is packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients that have been proven to slow the growth and even prevent formation of cancer cells.
- Diabetes: This is another benefit of coffee which is listed above, so why not switch over to Dandy blend to have the same benefits PLUS many more! Dandelion helps regulate blood sugar and insulin which is something that coffee actually destroys.
- Blood pressure: Dandelion’s diuretic effects leads to more frequent urination which in turn will lower blood pressure. Fiber and Potassium found in Dandelion will also regulate blood pressure.
- Inflammation: While most people are aware of the inflammation they can experience in physical injuries, more education is starting to reach people about the issues that internal inflammation can cause. Inflammation is the culprit in many diseases and illnesses today. Dandelion will reduce inflammation through it’s essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. This reduction of inflammation helps internally as well as externally from sport injuries.
- Immune System: If what I mentioned above wasn’t enough, dandelion boosts immune function! It destroys any bugs entering your system so can be especially helpful during the winter months.
To grab Dandy Blend in the United States, you can find them on Amazon at the link below in either single sachets or one big bag (affiliate).
Dandy Blend – Instant Dandelion Beverage Single Servings – 25 Packet(s)
Dandy Blend, Instant Herbal Beverage with Dandelion, 2 lb. Bag
For Canadian orders, you can grab some Dandy blend from their Canadian distributor, Raw elements. Dont forget to use discount code: BLOOM for a $$ off at check out.
YES, I’ve recently made the switch a month ago off of coffee/caffeine, and found Dandy Blend right away! I use hemp milk, and things like that to spice it up, and have a couple cups a day! Great substitute, and nice to be off addicting coffee, finally. My blood pressure went way down, running improved greatly! I just hope it doesn’t raise blood sugar, but it looks like it actually helps with that. I wonder if 3 cups a day is good or too much. Sounds like it would be actually beneficial. Just making sure the blood sugar will be alright on Dandy Blend?
Yes dandy blend is amazing isn’t it? I have used it for years now and just love the taste.. I mix mine with coconut milk and sometimes add a bit of vanilla in for a little kick! In terms of affecting blood sugar, I have never heard of dandy blend affecting blood sugar in a negative way, although, I do always suggest running questions by a doctor of naturopath if you are concerned!
I have a fatty liver, enlarged spleen, enlarged prostate, inflamed stomach, had a stroke and survived it.
I take 10 grams of ascorbic acid every day as a minimum, have 5 cups of dandelion coffee, very strong and I am feeling so much better. even the stabbing feeling in my spleen is reducing. I have started to be able to take deep breaths since drinking the dandelion coffee.
My urine flow has improved and I am going to come off the prostate tablets which make me feel sick.
If you feel tired, no energy, and can’t identify why? Treat your liver as that is where the issue is. Don’t listen to doctors like I did. I had a stroke and nearly died. So treat your liver with care. DRINK DANDELION TEA. EAT DANDELION AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER.
So glad to hear that dandelion tea worked for you! It most certainly is a healthy addition to anyones diet. I think there is a time and a place for doctors but its hard to remember that they are human too and make mistakes like the rest of us so to take some of their advice with a grain of salt. I have met doctors who were really helpful and some that were not (but that goes for any profession too). Glad you are feeling better and found something that worked for you!!!!!
I gave up caffeine 4.5 years ago. First, I started off using Teeccino in my espresso maker or french press to emulate shots and make homemade cappuccinos. I found it a little too sweet (and expensive) for my taste. Like espresso, it also required clean up.
When I found Dandy Blend at a local cafe, it changed my life. It’s dark, rich and has body. If you make it in the right proportions with hot milk or water, it actually has a fine froth on top that is indistinguishable from the kind you get from an espresso shot. Even when it’s cold…making it an excellent cold brew option too. And you don’t need any special equipment! I don’t miss coffee at all, and I’m still able to make delicious hot cappuccinos and little shots of it when I want. I use 1 tablespoon per 8 oz. (I like it strong!) I have this on auto order from Amazon and have been drinking it for two years now.
If you’re thinking of switching, do it. You’ll be glad you did.
Its so nice to hear you share your thoughts on Dandy blend! It truly does act as the perfect replacement for coffee if needed and tastes amazing. I am so glad you found it too!
Thanks for the helpful notes in the article!